Contacting ibml Customer Support:
When calling 205-956-4071 or 866-798-ibml (4265) ask to speak with Customer Support or Customer Services. For support after hours or on weekends, the answering service will contact the customer support technician on call with your contact information and problem description.
Service Call Procedure:
- Customer reports problem to ibml
- ibml calls customer and gathers the following information:
- ImageTrac System Serial Number
- Lamp Hours
- Problem description and exact wording of error message, if one is given
- Capture screenshot of error message or problem
- Additional questions asked if needed
- ibml creates an incident in the database and determines if the problem is a hardware or software issue.
- If the problem is a hardware issue, the field engineer is dispatched. The field engineer may be asked to capture the VxWorks log files for additional troubleshooting.
- If the problem is a software issue, the customer support technician troubleshoots the software configuration with the customer. Log files and screen captures will be gathered for additional troubleshooting
Field Engineer Dispatch Procedure for Customers with “Full Support”:
- When the field engineer receives the dispatch, he/she will call the customer with notification of estimated time of arrival.
- When the field engineer arrives on the customer site, he/she will notify ibml with arrival time and any applicable updates.
- When the problem has been resolved, the field engineer will call ibml with details regarding the steps taken and any parts used.
- After the problem has been resolved, the field engineer must remain on site while the customer runs batches to ensure that the problem does not reoccur.
- ibml will contact the customer to verify that the resolution was completed satisfactorily.